Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil is an essential oil that has several uses, including keeping your skin, hair, and nails healthy. Tea tree oil comes from the leaves of Melaleuca alternifolia. Tea tree oil has been used as a traditional medicine by the Aboriginal people for centuries.
Tea tree oil benefits
- Tea tree oil contains a number of compounds, including terpinen-4-ol, that have been shown to kill certain bacteria, viruses, and fungi.
- ACNE, SCARS & PIGMENTATION: For acne prone skin mix 2 drops of tea tree oil with 1 tsp coconut oil and Apply using a cotton ball to the affected area, Wash after 30 mins, Works for blemishes and marks.
- Australian Tea Tree Essential Oil (Melaleuca Alternifolia) is premium Therapeutic Grade.
- Extracted using the steam distillation method without the use of any chemicals.
- Tea tree oil can help soothe dry skin by reducing itching and irritation. Also, it’s been shown Trusted Source to be more effective than zinc oxide and clobetasone butyrate creams in treating eczema.
- The antibacterial properties of tea tree oil make it an effective wound healer.
- You can use tea tree oil to treat dandruff by removing chemicals and dead skin cells from the scalp. Using tea tree oil on your hair may help it to stay healthy and moisturized, promoting optimal growth.
How to use
Wound dressing. Place a few drops of oil onto fresh wound dressing to kill bacteria and reduce inflammation.
Homemade mouthwash. Add 2 drops of tea tree oil to a cup of water and use as mouthwash. Do not swallow as tea tree oil is toxic if taken internally.
Natural dandruff remedy. Mix a few drops of tea tree oil into regular shampoo and wash hair as normal.
Acne treatment. Add 4 drops of tea tree oil to a half cup of water. Apply to the face with a cotton pad once daily.